Menu Mondays by NateyCakes

April 30, 2011

Happy

Today has been such a happy day!! It does have a bit of a back story. Let's start there. 2 weeks ago husband had gone to eat lunch at Chee Burger Chee Burger (one of our favorite family places) as he told me about his lunch out, I looked at him & said " you were by the cupcake place?" he quickly changed the subject. You see I LOVE cupcakes, only good ones though, I am a cupcake snob! I will admit it & I will not get help for it! Ha ha Anyway, he said Leah I will bring you some cupcakes home this week for my over sight. Well week 1 went by, no cupcakes. So he said it again, this week I will bring you some cupcakes home. Week 2 ended yesterday, no cupcakes. However I woke up this morning & husband said I am leaving for the cupcake store in an hour ok. Yippie quickly got ready & off we went. This is where happy day starts, I purchased a dozen of the best cupcakes ever from Cupcakes on Kavanaugh. Then husband ordered me a box of the Mothers day special cupcakes, that he will pick up on Friday for me! They are so precious, I can't wait to show you what the look like!!!
Then we went & had a nice sandwich for lunch at the Boulevard Bread Co. I had the vegan sandwich which was excellent, husband had the rustico sandwich which he said was amazing.
We bought some beautiful buttermilk whole wheat bread & focaccia home with us. Husband even bought some of the balsamic chicken salad that was on his sandwich. It was a simple lunch but a great food experience!





Next we went to a precious kitchen store called Eggshell Kitchen Co. Have you ever gone there? If not put it on your list! The people were so nice & helpful! They had the neatest kitchen things...like supplies, dishes, gadgets, even spices & such. They have cooking class for adults & kids!! I want to go, the adults are on Monday nights. Check out their website for a complete list. www.eggshellskitchencompany.com
I bought these plates for my kitchen, I thought they were just to cute.



I also found a beautiful glass bowl for my stand mixer. I can't wait to use it. Husband said now you have 2 bowls so that should help you when you are cooking & baking. I love the fact that he supports me in my love of cooking!!!
To end our mid day outing we had a cupcake.





My favorite is the Black tie, husband had a Cherry lime aid. Even though it took 2 weeks to enjoy the cupcakes, it was SOOOOOO worth the wait. Not only were the cupcakes worth the wait but I got to have a great day with husband too :) have a wonderful weekend friends!


Much Love,

1 comments:

Nateycakes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment