Menu Mondays by NateyCakes

April 25, 2011

Royal

I am so excited about this Friday, does anyone know why??? The royal wedding, Prince William & Kate Middleton will marry! I know it is crazy that I am so excited about a wedding that is so far away from my little house, but there is something about the royal family that I have always loved! I remember as a little girl, mam waking me up in the middle of the night to watch the wedding of Prince Charles & Princess Diana. I was in awe! After that I would play Princess Diana. I would put my bedsheets on my head, walk around the house pretending like it was the train of my wedding dress. I wanted to be a real princess! I wanted to be in the royal family! I loved everything royal!!! I even have a VHS tape of their wedding!!!! crazy huh! I was so sad when princess Diana & Prince Charles were divorced, I felt like the fairy tale of my childhood had ended. But when Princess Diana died, I remember exactly where I was when I found out, I watched t.v. non stop. I did not know this lady, I had never met her, or even seen her other than on t.v. or in pictures but I was so upset. Once again I woke up in the middle of the night to watch my fairy tale but this time i cried. I can still see those 2 boys walking behind their mum's casket just heartbroken. But this Friday, there is a brand new fairy tale starting! Kate Middleton will walk into the church as Kate & walk out as Princess Katherine! Who has not dreamed of becoming a princess, & for her it really is happening!!!! She is living out every little girls dream! So yet again I will wake up in the middle of the night to take in all the wedding celebration, and start the new fairy tale. Okay okay I know I am little too old to play princess Catherine now but don't think I won't be thinking about putting on my plastic crown while I am watching all the festivities. :) Going to England is on my bucket list, I want to see the Tower of London, Anne Boleyn's grave, the crown jewels, watch the changing of the guards, have afternoon tea with a scone.... Ooohhh one day I will!!! Husband just wants to drive through the roundabouts saying Big Ben, Parliament...only husband!
Everyone stay safe tonight!!!!

Much Love,




2 comments:

cupcake said...

Really? Haha, so that was the beginning of princess Leah!?

loriellen said...

So glad to one of my friends is a cheesy as I am... I to watched the wedding and the funeral (with a broken heart). Gonna sleep on the couch tonight so I don't miss a thing :D

Post a Comment