Menu Mondays by NateyCakes

April 22, 2011

Oh no...

I have started to blog a few times today, but was not sure what to talk about. Well now I have a topic, one that I might say is crazy!!!! So Nateycakes asked last night if he and some of his friends could meet up at the movies. Husband & I talked and said ok on a few conditions * who is going * what are you going to see * no leaving the movies * and all the other things you say to your preteen son! So tonight Nateycakes met up with 5 of his friends at the movies. We watched them go in, waited to make sure they STAYED in, then left to go have a cup of coffee. As we sat in Starbucks, I said to husband "this might be my favorite thing I have done today". Well it was the last bit of quite that we will get for the night, we went back to pick up Nateycakes. Well he & his friends had a scheme all planned. They walked up to our car, smiled, said hi, & then said "can we have a sleep over at y'alls house PLEEEASEEE." So all parents called, all parents said yes, & now...both cats are in hideout, husband & I are listening to a odd version of a group of boys singing NEVER SAY NEVER, & what small amount of snacks we had in this house have already been eaten.


I know I know we have gone crazy! But look at their sweet faces :) they really are a great group of kids. These are the things & times that I hope Nateycakes remembers about his childhood, the fun times with his friends, acting silly, just being a kid. Even though there will be very little sleep at this house tonight, Husband & i both know all to soon Friday nights will be quite around here. So we will enjoy the laughter of these boys, reassure the hiding cats it will be over soon, replace the snacks for next time, & take a nap tomorrow. Because as much as I want Nateycakes to remember fun times & I will remember them too! I love you Nateycakes!! Have a great night everyone!!!
Much love,




0 comments:

Post a Comment