Menu Mondays by NateyCakes

April 18, 2011

Carrot Cake

So last night I sat down with Mam to plan our Easter lunch menu. Yes I said menu & yes there will a total of 5 of us there for Easter lunch!! Yes I am one of those who plans dinner menus, not just for holidays either.  I make a menu for the week & then make my list for the store.  Most of the time I post the menu inside the pantry!!! Ahhh crazy I know but cooking & food are such a joy to me!!! You know when I look up versus from the Bible that talk about joy a lot of them use the same words we use with food & cooking!!!! Psalms 104:27 says they all depend on you to give them food as they need it. I LOVE to cook for my family!  I feel it is a way I can show I love them & use the gift God gave me! I think about the food I make for my family, that I want it to not only taste good & look good but be good for them.  You all know I am a vegetarian, and am pretty picky about what I eat! But a lot of times my pickyness of food is me thinking, is this food good for me, will it help my health or hurt it.  Even though I do not eat meat, I still fix it for my family. Husband & Nateycakes will not give up meat! Lol Soooooo are you wondering what is on the Easter menu, since you are hearing me talk about health & food? Is the family going to be eating healthy? Well of course they are...Easter lunch is...Ham, Trace Creek Potatoes, Roasted Balsamic Asparagus, Strawberry Spinach salad, home-made yeast rolls, & CARROT CAKE!!! I get to eat Carrot Cake twice a year, my birthday & Easter. I know this blog has been has been about health, food, cooking but when it comes to mam's carrot cake...All I can say is the carrot cake count down has begun! I am sorry but I will be talking about this cake ALL week!!! Is the cake the best thing for me, NO but it is mam using her gift of cooking the same way I use mine.  I do take food, cooking, & nutrition very serious but a homemade sweet treat, well that makes me smile :)
I hope Husband, Nateycakes and others enjoy when I use God's gift of cooking as much as I enjoy making the food for them.

         Much love, 

0 comments:

Post a Comment