Menu Mondays by NateyCakes

April 21, 2011

Sorry :(

First off let me just say I am sorry, I really want to blog each day, but with the weather & the baking I have been doing...I have not blogged :( I will be better I promise!!! You know God is so good, my last post I talked about using my gift from God, cooking, remember? Well I went to work the next day and do you know I had 3 orders for cakes! I was so happy, I hope that they enjoyed the cakes as much as I loved making them! I am so thankful that I was able to make someone's day better by using Gods gift!! :)
Do you have any ramekins? If you don't, these little cooking items need to go on your kitchen wish list!!!! I bought some a few months ago & I use them all the time. I take my normal recipes and fix them using the ramekins. Not only do they look cute but the it is so much fun to eat out of them!!!! I have had some but they were plain, not cute at all. Then I found these on sale at Dilllards, and when I say sell... They were normally $40.00 and I paid $7.00! Yippie Anyway here is a picture of our dinner the other night using the ramekins








This is Nateycakes favorite dinner, homemade tomato sauce with sautéd spinach in the sauce, whole wheat pasta, topped with cheese. The cheese gets crispy along the edges while it cooks, this is husbands favorite part! A breadstick and salad. So much cuter to eat out of these fun cooking dishes, right :) oh and one last bonus of using ramekins...portion control!!! And for dessert, no carrot cake yet :( (but it is getting close to time) I made mini chocolate bunt cakes. Soooooo yummy! Best part we all sat & ate dinner together. I love that! That is something that is important to me, eating as a family! Did I mention that we are only 3 days away from carrot cake?!?! Can you tell I am excited? I know my friend Stacie will be calling me soon to make plans to come pick her slice of goodness up :) lol. Hope you all have a great day!

Much love,




0 comments:

Post a Comment