Menu Mondays by NateyCakes

April 17, 2011

FRIENDS

HI...
So on our way to church this morning I saw a sign that said "bad friends break good habits" I have really been thinking & praying about friendship a lot here lately.  Maybe because Nateycakes is getting to that age where we don't know all his friends or it could be that the friends that husband & I have are AMAZING.  Proverbs 27:17 says...As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.  I have had a lot of friends over my life, some have moved away, some have grown apart, & some we just stopped being friends.  A while back I was sad because I felt like I did not have a REAL friend, I cried & I prayed. One day friend of mine (who I was not that close to at the time) said are you ready to talk.  It was like after that I saw friendship differently. I saw that  husband was really my BEST friend! I mean he had been around since I was 19, but it was the first time I saw him as my BFF.  He also changed becoming very patient with me, like asking me... if I wanted to go shopping, REALLY husband???!!! YES I DO!!!  I also started seeing that there were people in my life that could be the friends that were Gods blessings to me & my family.  Some had been there all along, I was just blind to the blessings!!!   Our circle of friends has become smaller over the years but HUGE in blessings!!!  We have friends that not only do I love them but I love their kids too, I love that they bring out good things in me & our family.   They really are apart of our family.  We laugh, we cry, we eat good food together, we shop, we act silly (case in point the picture below)... Sorry stacie we wanted this picture to be a surprise lol...


I have friends now, that God saw my need of a friend and put a friend right there where I needed them most.  I have friends that I feel like should be my sisters!  I guess what I have learned is that my friends have to be blessing from God & I need to thank Him & pray for them! I pray that I can be a blessing to my friends too!!!  I love yall, friends & thanks for being my blessing of a friend!!!!!

       Much Love,

2 comments:

Kendra said...

What a great post Leah!! You are a blessing to me and I'm grateful for you friend!! Love you! Kendra

Morgan said...

Love love love it!! So glad you have a blog and so glad I'm your friend!!

Post a Comment